The following is from the Associated Press -
Gov. Rick Perry ordered Friday that schoolgirls in Texas must be vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, making Texas the first state to require the shots.The Real Effect
The girls will have to get Merck & Co.'s new vaccine against strains of the human papillomavirus, or HPV, that are responsible for most cases of cervical cancer.
Merck is bankrolling efforts to pass laws in state legislatures across the country mandating it Gardasil vaccine for girls as young as 11 or 12. It doubled its lobbying budget in Texas and has funneled money through Women in Government, an advocacy group made up of female state legislators around the country.
- This is a brazen attempt to erode individual liberty and promote governmental sovereignty.
- This will at a bare minimum, remove one reason for women not to engage in promiscuous behavior. This will result in an increase in the disease in the long term (10 - 50 years) not a decrease. As more women participate in the behavior, the efficacy will not be enough to stem the increase of increased sexual behavior that will give rise to the disease. In addition there will be additional unseen side-effects that will only be seen years later, perhaps as increases in other forms of cancer in women
- This demonstrates the increased governmental control through the Trojan horse of public schooling.
- Notice that the vaccine is new? Yet Texas is making a state mandate on an unproven vaccine.
The federal government approved Gardasil in June, and a government advisory panel has recommended that all girls get the shots at 11 and 12, before they are likely to be sexually active.
- This is a classic example of a corporation lobbying behavior for all in order to sell a product.
The New Jersey-based drug company could generate billions in sales if Gardasil _ at $360 for the three-shot regimen _ were made mandatory across the country.
- Women in Government is little more than a front group to promote legislation.