- 7,000 "assault rifles", for DHS defense - a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items.& 5.56x45mm NATO (9/2012)
- A total of 2 billion rounds thus far.
- DHS 750 million rounds of assorted ammunition, including bullets that can penetrate walls.(8/2012)
- DHS purchased of 450 million rounds of .40-caliber hollow point bullets from ATK. (3/2012)
- Hundreds of Federal security guards. (1/2012)
- DHS purchased bullet proof booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.
- Border patrol "internal" checkpoints - Within 200 miles of the border
- Seatbelt checkpoints
- IATA unveiled a mockup of the "checkpoint of the future" that includes three sensor-lined tunnels that divide passengers into high-, medium- and low-risk threats.
Federal Protective Service requested:
- 147 riot helmets – which must have an “adjustable tactical face shield with liquid seal” and be able to fit the “3M Full Face Respirator FR-M40B masks.”
- 147 sets of upper body and shoulder protection – which will “effectively protect the torso and shoulders from blunt force trauma” and “safely absorb blows delivered from blunt objects…”
- 152 sets of thigh and groin protection – which “protects the thigh area and has an adjustable and removable groin protector.”
- 147 hard shell shin guards – which can provide “substantial protection from flying debris, non-ballistic weapons, and blows to the leg” and should have an “optimized protective design for severe riot control or tactical situations.”
- 156 forearm protectors – which should shield the “entire forearm from the wrist to the elbow” and weigh approximately six ounces.
- 147 pairs of tactical gloves – which should ensure that the “Kevlar on back of hands is flame/flash retardant as well as cut protective” and that they utilize a “rolled finger tip design for excellent trigger sensitivity and fit.”
Note: This is a resource and will be updated as needed.