Thursday, January 05, 2012

Constitutional Crisis Brewing?

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it -.
But when Congress refuses to act, and as a result, hurts our economy and puts our people at risk, then I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them. (Applause.) I’ve got an obligation to act on behalf of the American people. And I’m not going to stand by while a minority in the Senate puts party ideology ahead of the people that we were elected to serve. (Applause.) Not with so much at stake, not at this make-or-break moment for middle-class Americans. We’re not going to let that happen. (Applause.)
The Real Effect
Well that didn't take long -
In response a Constitutional Crisis emerges
I will concede that I thought that the origin of this particular crisis would be economic in nature and not an overt power grab. Overall the result will be the same, but the rhetoric leads me to believe that time is not on our side.

Look for the Republicans to object to this grab but to do nothing about it except bluster. After all, if challenging the guy's eligibility to be president, why would they care about what he does with the power when he gets it? Why?

Because they want the power too.

No comments: